- WordPress and Blogspot are two most popular blogging platforms. WordPress, a relatively late entrant in blogging, has surpassed its elder brother, Blogspot in terms of popularity. More than 40 percent of bloggers use WordPress.
- In 1999, there were just 23 blogs. Today, there are over 1.5 billion blogs on the internet. WordPress.com alone has over 60 millions of them. Every half a second, a new blog is created. There are about 31 million bloggers in the US.
- 6.7 million people blog on blogging sites and 12 million people blog via social networks.
- There are more than 80 known languages utilized in the blogosphere.
- More than 60% of blogs are in English. Other prominent languages include Spanish, Portuguese, and Indonesian.
- Over half of the blogging community has more than one blog. Professional bloggers have 4 blogs, on an average. Only about 27 percent of bloggers are full time into it.
- Websites with Blogs have 434% more indexed pages (helps search engines & SEO efforts) and 97 % more inbound links.
- Creating, optimizing, and promoting content is keys to filling the top of your sales and marketing funnel with more website traffic and leads.
- A blog post is powerful enough to influence a purchase. Businesses that blog get more visitors to their website. Almost half of the companies in the US use blogs for the purpose of marketing their product/services.
- Earning from a blog is not something that happens overnight. It takes a sound strategy along with a high dose of perseverance. About one-fifth of bloggers have been into it for more than 6 long years.
Author: CertbuddyzThis author has published 9 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.