YouTube ranking factors include much more than just keywords. While on-page SEO such as titles, descriptions and tags are important, other factors that affect ranking include:
- Views & frequency
- Likes, dislikes
- Annotation linking
CREATE A MAGNETIC CONTENT
Create magnetic content on YouTube and then optimize your videos directly on YouTube. That includes uploading your videos, describing them, interacting with your viewers and sharing them. As YouTube is a social beast that drives a tremendous amount of ranking, make sure you have resources that can reply to viewer comments and requests. You won’t be successful unless you dedicate some time to building your presence.
2. Title of the video – Use Keywords
Video title is the name of your video by which one can know that what is inside your video, having title which perfectly match to your video content will be very friendly to viewer and also to the youtube algorithm for seo, give the suitable title to your video here is the ways by which you can get seo optimizes title for video-
A)- Take advantage of search engine auto complete feature, if your video is about something which you think people will search on google like tech tutorials , then use auto complete feature of google
B)- If your video content is about something which you think people can search it on youtube like music video or live tutorials then take advantage of youtube auto complete feature . Put your video title according to your keyword by taking advantage of youtube search auto complete.
3. Maximize descriptive text areas.
Use descriptions liberally, putting relevant, targeted keywords first. Include URLs starting with // to your channel, playlist, or site in your video descriptions. It can be helpful to use a URL shortener such as bit.ly to include tracking code and customized keywords. If you have a long-form video, add links within the video to your description. Vary the video descriptions on your website and those on YouTube to avoid issues with duplicate content.
As far as tags go, add as many as you can without duplication or including irrelevant phrases. Consider related keywords; for example, if you were doing a video about an attorney then it would be appropriate to include ‘legal’, ‘lawyer’ and ‘judge’. As with titles, include your most important keywords first.
4. Get friendly with annotations.
When YouTube launched their Creator Playbook last year, they revealed that their search algorithm favors videos that drive traffic to other videos through annotations. Annotations can be used to link to other videos, related videos, your playlist and your channel – and those annotations are going to help your rankings. You can also use annotations to encourage interaction, issue calls to action and post messages.
5. Tagging & Keyword research for YouTube video.
Tags are another important way to get ranking in youtube search, here are few tips to put tags in your video-
- List specific tags first :- Write your main keyword first, doing this will put weight in algorithms.
- List general tags :- Write general and matching keyword (Example- If your main keyword is “Shoutmeloud” then general tags can be “Blogging tips” , “Harsh Agrawal” ,” WordPress help”, like something ).
You can use Tubebuddy tool which help you find right tags to be used with your video. It also shows your ranking for particular keyword. This tool is used by many pro YouTubers & highly recommended for your Youtube channel as well.
- Also include misspelling of your tags :- Like if you have keyword “Real SEO” then also put “Reeal SEO” How you know peoples are searching for you, go to youtbe analytics and check for Traffic resources.
- Include singular and plural of you tags, like if your keyword is ” Tattoo Art” then also put ” Tattoo Arts”, and separate your keyword into different tags like ” Tattoo” & “Art”.
- Include Phrase into tags such as your long tail keywords
Author: CertbuddyzThis author has published 9 articles so far. More info about the author is coming soon.